Wednesday, July 8, 2009

seven seven OH seven


Yesterday was our 2nd anniversary. I started to mix it in with the 4th of July post, but thought it needed one all by itself.

What a lovely day it was. Jack worked tirelessly writing and studying for his sermon. He worked without ceasing to bring home the bacon for our little family. I slaved over the yard, pulling weeds, spreading some new mulch. I sweated as I cleaned up the garage and pruned the holly bush. Yes, it was a lovely day indeed.

We even got the hole in our ceiling fixed.

It was from water damage from all the rain. But now the roof is fixed and the ceiling, so I look forward to the next rainy day.

Anyway, after all the home improvements and hard labor, we went down to the Old City to Pasta Trio. Have you ever been there? It was so weird, fun, and interesting. I've never been to a place where we got there before the chef. We arrived at 6:30; he arrived at 6:45. We wanted to eat then because we were going to try to make an 8:20 movie. Not happening. The chef was also our server. He had trained at Johnson and Wales, so at least we had that going for us. He said he uses all fresh ingredients, blah, blah. Some other people (servers, hostesses?) came in around 7 carrying boxes of groceries.... I had just ordered scallops thinking "oh, maybe he got them from the Shrimp Dock or something." Nope, I saw frozen scallops in the groceries. Sigh. Let's just say we got there at 6:30 and didn't eat until 8. It was fun though, we weren't mad. Just hungry.

This is Jack waiting. And waiting. And waiting.


I must say, though, as bizarre as the experience was, the food was really, really good.

The frozen scallops:
I played with this on iPhoto, so please forgive the funky-ness.

We left Bizarro World and drove around Old North and Forth and Gill. It was lovely. We stopped by to see Patrick and Caroline for a few minutes at their Old North house.

It was a really great 2nd anniversary. I'm excited to see where we will be in our lives on July 7, 2010. God has been so faithful and so good!

2 comments:

mary leigh said...

Happy Anniversary!
I like the new blog-lift!

josh said...

Now I'm hungry.