Monday, July 13, 2009

Daily Bread

I am trying to be good about updating! (ahem, ML!)

I woke up anxious today. Actually, I went to bed anxious and tossed and turned all night. I fell asleep and then woke up again when a HUGE storm came through right around midnight. I think it went on for about an hour. I really felt like we were going to be Dorothy and Toto and just get swept up in it. It ended but I was awake enough to not feel sleepy anymore.

I was thinking. And thinking. And tossing. And turning. And thinking.

THINKING!

I hate it when I can't switch my brain off.

We have had so much going on lately. Nothing bad. Just enough to stir up some questions and doubt and fear and guilt. It's hard not working, and it's our choice for me not to work. I got the syllabus for a class today and it's GOOD I'm not going to be working during school (except for subbing.)

I know it's good to wrestle with things. I want challenges. We both do.

I will close with these lyrics from Jill Phillips' song "Daily Bread." It 'just happened' to come on today when I needed to hear it the most.

There’s a restlessness in the soul of man
Nobody’s tamed it yet
You never fail to keep any promises
But somehow we forget

That you’re always right on time

You feed us all with a silver spoon
And like your foolish kids
We start worrying about what we’re gonna do
When the hunger comes again

But you’re always right on time
With an open hand
You have exactly what I need
Daily bread
Daily bread

You have the wisdom and the patience
We need the grace to see it clear
Too soon and we take it all for granted
Too late is more than we can bear

So you’re always right on time

With an open hand
You have exactly what I need
Daily bread
Daily bread
Daily bread

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

praying for you in your restlessness...and know that God is a God of peace 'Be still and know...' xx

mary leigh said...

yeah for a new post.
guess i have to do one now too!