Thursday, July 30, 2009

My hair smells like granola....

..... because when you spend a lot of time at home, you might make a lot of things in the kitchen. So instead of spending $2.80 x 2 every week at the store for boxes of granola, I have been making it. It's really good! And easy! But the smell gets in my hair when I stir it. I could think of worse hair scents though.

Anyway, yes, I have been at the house quite a bit. I have actually gotten a job though! A tutoring job. I'll be working with a company whose clients are learning disabled and will go to their home a couple of times a week to work with them. I wasn't looking for a job whatsoever, but this came around and it is a financial BLESSING, let me tell you! It starts in a few weeks. I was planning on subbing and going to school, but now I will do this about 12 hours a week and go to school on Tuesdays.

Aside from getting a job and making granola, I registered for classes. I have 11 hours total and only have to go to class one day a week thanks to some weekend intensive courses. I'm really excited about it and feel the relief starting from finally beginning to do what I have been MADE to do. Praise God. It's something I pray for you to find too- your true calling.

Jack asked me what I was doing this afternoon and I retorted "wishing it was this time next month." I'm getting really tired of not being busy! I'm at my best when I have a schedule and it's pretty full. Granted, we are planning a retreat for 18 people this weekend, but that doesn't count. And never mind that our house is practically ready to sell because I've been able to do a lot. And forget the fact that I'm extremely rested and have almost read all 7 Harry Potter books. And please ignore the fact that this is the only day since May that I might have even thought the word "bored." I shudder at that word. I thought that word today so I went to Target and I didn't need that word anymore. Shudder. I bought a baby gift and paper towels. It was exciting. And I caught a whiff of granola every once in a while.

This part is for my cousins and mom and aunt:
I was cleaning out my nightstand yesterday that was FULL of cards and letters. Jill, there were so many from you! There were tons from my mom from when I was in college and lots from Mamaw when she "felt good." I suddenly found myself weeping over the letters from her. Her handwriting. It was a good feeling, although unexpectedly sad because I didn't realize I miss her so much. I opened a "Thinking of You" card; she had written on lined paper and put it in the card, but on the card itself she wrote in the bottom corner
"In Spirit, as you go- I will be with you."

It was what I needed in that moment on that particular day, and the Holy Spirit used Mamaw's words from 10 years ago. And I knew that indeed she was with me, through her letters and cards. It was a very sad but Holy moment.

Now that you are weeping too, please know that I also found this in my nightstand:





2 comments:

JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

you were right. i cried. but the picture at the end helped a bit.

(i miss her too)

mary leigh said...

i'd like your granola recipe, please and thank you.