Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Day #2

Hey, hey, look at me posting two days in a row. I'm sumthin'.

Check Pioneer Woman for today. Especially if you are a girl. Or woman. And if you have a daughter. Or are a mother. Symbiosis. Something men can't understand about their wives relationships with their mothers. They don't need to understand, though. It's a special, secret sort of thing women have. I remember when I was a freshmen in college EVERY female I knew had daily phone calls with their mother. The first time my mom came to visit, the girls in my dorm were jealous. One girl stomped out and said, "That's it. I need to talk to my mom!" Some days now, two years into marriage, if I haven't talked to my mom I feel like I've gone most of the day without brushing my teeth. I could talk to her for thirty seconds and feel better. Just to touch base. Just checking in. Just brushing my teeth.

I spent some time at the pool today and it was perfect. I am reading Harry Potter and today was one of those days that I was like "this is what this summer is for... this is special, I'm not going to get used to this because I'm not going to have it probably ever again." And I didn't feel guilty and I kept reading.

I am making Chess Bars and brownies for the weekend. They are smelling pretty darn heavenly right now.

I wish NPR had a TV station because that is the kind of news I want to hear about! People, interesting stories about a whole gamut of things, and world news.

That is all.

5 comments:

mary leigh said...

i'm so proud. two post in one day. i need to step up my game. i'll shoot for three tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

what are chess bars??

Emily said...

Chess bars are ooey gooey bars made with lots of butter, sugar, cream cheese, eggs and cake mix. The cake mix makes a cookie-ish base and then the sugar, cream cheese, and eggs are mixed together and spread on top and baked. They are amazing. I can send you the recipe if you'd like!

mary leigh said...

time too post again. i'm holding you accountable. :o)

Emily said...

I know, I know! I'm working on one now. Thank you for the accountability!!! Oh, and I want to hear more stories about all the people in your house!