Thursday, January 15, 2009

Yoga Bear

I did yoga. I breathed (hyper-ventilated), stretched, and moved in ways I never think about. It was awesome.

The instructor looked exactly like Santa Claus' hippie brother. This man is a hearty man, complete with the whitish beard and belly. But unlike Santa, this man can contort into positions that are branded into my memory. It has been at least seven years since I did a yoga class (in college with girlfriends and we laughed the whole time), so I wasn't sure what to expect tonight. He was a GREAT instructor so I just followed directions and didn't have a lot of trouble. I did look up once to see what he was doing and all I saw was a mass of skin and gym shorts. So I didn't look up any more!

He told us when to inhale and exhale and if I followed him exactly, I really felt like it was too much and I might begin to hyperventilate! It did make a difference to exhale when he said. I mean, the man probably knows. Just like Santa. I didn't break a sweat, which was nice because I had just gotten my hair did. But I felt really worked and stretched. I'm definitely going to add yoga into my weekly repertoire.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Emily! It's Stacey B!!

I am a yoga lover myself - been doin' it pretty regularly for about a year now. I do hot yoga - my instructor cranks the heat up to 90 and we sweat all the toxins out of our bodies! It's amazing!!!! I love it!

Keep doin' it; I know you'll fall madly in love with it!

:)

Rachel said...

Hey! Do you still do this? Where? I did a Yogalates class once and LOVED it! But now I don't have money for a gym. :-(

Emily said...

No, I don't do it regularly. I'm bad about just going to the gym after I've procrastinated about it for a couple of hours, so I miss the classes usually.