Saturday, January 3, 2009

It's a New Year and a New Blog

I read blogs ALL the time. I love to read anything... books, magazines, news, but recently, blogs are just especially interesting. I know, I know, I gave up "Plain or Peanut" soon after we got married, and I just never got back in the rhythm of writing. But now I figured that it's only fair that if I read so many other people's blogs, I should have my own. AND this time is different too because maybe Husband Jack will contribute.

So my last blog was mostly about school, working at WVLT, and dating Pastor Jack. Well, I no longer am in school, working has changed (a couple of times, actually), and Pastor Jack has become Husband Jack (but he's still a pastor... no, make that a Priest!). Oh, one thing that is fun... I wrote some in my last blog about my amazing Shakespeare professor at UT, Heather Hirshfield. I could say ANYTHING in class and she would write it on the board and make me feel like a genius. "Ok, Emily, I see your point... let's go with that and explore this NEW theory on the possibility that YOU'VE given us!" She is great.... and now... she's our NEIGHBOR. That's right, she lives right across the street from us. AND we are on the homeowner's board together. The Montrose Court Homeowner's Board gives me many possiblities for blog entries, let me tell ya.

This picture is from our church Christmas party and also the one I used for our New Year's cards.


That's right... New Year's cards. I just did not make Christmas cards a priority this year. We were slammed with working, family and friends' events and the week of Christmas was here before we knew it. But we survived and enjoyed it! So, happy 2009 and happy new blog!

1 comment:

The Andersons said...

yay!! so excited about the blog. hope to see ya'll soon. oh, was pastor jack wearing the collar at the church christmas party??