Monday, January 5, 2009

DOUBT

Last night we saw "Doubt" starring Meryl Streep and Phillip Seymour Hoffman. I will see just about any movie starring either of these actors. The storyline didn't necessarily blow me away, but the acting definitely did. I love to watch indie movies where you can see the actor really pouring themselves into a role. Anne Hathaway did that in "Rachel Getting Married". Michael Douglas did in "King of California". Ever since we have had Netflix, indie movies and obscure, artsy movies have become quite popular at our little house. But anyway, back to Doubt. It was really interesting since Jack is a priest and we are in the Anglican church. To see people acting church and acting giving a sermon was pretty strange, actually. But I DO recommend the movie, especially if you appreciate acting and not just for entertainment.

I have been playing at home today, getting my house back in order from the holidays and ready for work to begin again. I start back tomorrow and I'm SO excited! I do best in a routine and schedule. Yay for 2009!

Tonight for dinner I made a lovely chicken recipe in the crockpot. Chicken with onions, apples, and lots of rosemary. Broth and a little cream of celery mixed in, then served over rice. YUM. I LOVE the crockpot and this recipe did not let us down. Robin Miller inspired me, yet again. And because is was in the crockpot, we got to eat earlier than normal, which means that Jack is now playing FIFA 07 on Playstation and I am going to read my book! And maybe we'll have a little taste of ice cream??? Perhaps?

4 comments:

Linda Z King said...

I was excited to see that you were back in blogger-business. I have missed Plain or Peanut, so it was good news to see Red Pay Days (very cool name!).

I am so old school I don't know what an indie movie is--what is an indie movie? I must like them because I liked Doubt too, but I need to be better informed.

Linda Z King said...

Ooh! Must be a freudian slip. Did I really put Red Pay Days?? That was not cool. Nobody likes Red Pay. Next time I'll hit Preview before I post :)

josh said...

em, you didn't post today. get on that.

osh

Rachel said...

That recipe sounds wonderful! Will you share? :-)