Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Homebody

I told my BFF Jen the other day that it was my new goal to "post on the blog every day." Yeah. Right. That was five days ago. But life happens and things can't wait, but the blog can.

Today is the first sunny and warm day we've had for a while! So I'm going to get outside and weed and spread some more mulch around. I'm subbing three days this week, so I will use my time wisely today and tomorrow at home. I love HOOMMMEE! I'm such a homebody. If you ever wonder where I am, look no further. I love it. I hardly ever get cabin fever or think "I should get out." I only think I "should" get out if I need to go to the gym or store. (All this if I'm not working, of course.) Speaking of gym... Pastor J and I are desperately trying to break our gym membership. But we CAN'T DO IT!! So frustrating! We spend $X a month when we prefer to run outside or do Jillian Michaels workouts at home. (Well, that's me, not J.) BUT, I don't want our membership to just waste, so I just make myself go to the stinky gym. Another year. We can make it.

Big news: J ate leftover pork last night! I made mother's day lunch and we had a Robin Miller Parmesan and Sage pork in the crock pot. There was enough left over, and we were out of chicken, so I convinced him we needed to be a good steward of our leftovers. So we had that, twice baked potatoes and salad with feta, apples, and green onions. Yum. And the clean up was dreamy, it was so easy!

Speaking of dreamy... I am in need of a faithful watcher of Grey's Anatomy so I CAN TALK ABOUT IT!!!! I have just loved, loved, loved it this season and no one in my immediate world watches it.

Now that I've updated twice in five days, I need to start taking pictures so I can make the post more colorful!

4 comments:

Amy said...

Emily. I love Grey's Anatomy! I tivo and watch later, but I always watch. I can't tell you how hard I cried at the last episode. It was just the sweetest thing at the end, but I'm really wondering...are they going to get rid of Izzy? Will they REALLY do it? Or will it be a tv miracle and she'll pull through?
Amy Bowman

The Andersons said...

i LOVE grey's-we can talk anytime. hope to see ya'll soon!

Emily said...

Amy- that's exactly what I'm thinking, how can they get rid of Izzy? Or will they pull through and show their amazing medical skills? I think it will be a TV miracle, it just HAS to be.
I don't know if I'll get to watch it tonight, but I definitely will tomorrow. Two whole hours! I'm going to pop some popcorn and settle in!

JiLL @ Lellowbird said...

when you decribed the homebody part it fit me exactly. i hear ya.